Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Exquisite Corpse II

"The legit nun hiked a grisly lighthouse"



I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood, originally hoping to find someone walking or jogging along the path, so that I could take a picture representing hiking. However, as I walked along the path, I noticed that something had gotten the vultures riled up, because there were easily thirty of them floating above the trees, and even more sitting in the branches in the woods some ways off. I took a few pictures of them, thinking that vultures would make a good representation of grisly.

I walked along some more, and noticed about five or six vultures sitting on a railroad overpass just staring at me. I thought this might be a good chance to try to slowly get up close and get a somewhat close up shot of a pack of vultures (by this time, I had decided that vultures would be the primary focus of the pictures that I took). I got a few decent pictures from about twenty five feet off, but as I came closer, they flew off. On a whim, I walked up to the area that they had been standing around, and about forty feet down the tracks they were standing on, I noticed two dead birds on the tracks. Initially, I didn't plan on taking a picture of them, but when I saw that the birds were also vultures, I decided that this was exactly what I was looking for. I found irony in a picture of a dead vulture, and I thought that this might best represent grisly.

No comments:

Post a Comment