Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Progress Report - 9/7/10

So much to do, so much to do. And the fact that I can't find the charger for my camera battery doesn't help my cause, either. (No battery = no pictures on the blog)* At least I'm not feeling like I'm chest deep in a pile of procrastination.

I'm only about knee-deep.

Let's see...

Dot Project

This one's not too bad. All I've got to do is recreate the dots on Bristol paper and mount them on my Letramax. As an added bonus, I've actually got all the supplies I need, so I can finish this tonight. I've got my final four dot compositions as chosen by my group, and I even have a pict-- ...Never mind. But they're really rather good examples, and only needed some minor touchups. The post on the crit will come later (read: directly after I finish this post), I don't really think a 250 word mini-essay would be fitting for a (relatively) short progress report.

Cardboard Project

On to the more depressing topic of my cardboard project. I haven't been too lucky with this so far. I had a decent idea of cutting out the shape of my object (a seashell), but soon realized that the shape is more complex than just a flat cutout.


Initial planning


I had the "brilliant" idea of using water to shape it into a more shell-like shape on the first day of the project.


Flat cutout

So I soaked the piece and left it in the general shape of a seashell and left it outside to dry, propped up on a post in such a way that gravity held down the edges in a seashell shape. It looked good, so I left it there right before leaving for the day.

It fell.

Into a puddle.

Needless to say, I was less than happy. But it was only a minor setback, I reshaped it and left it on the post again. I haven't checked back on it yet, that comes tomorrow. I think I know how it will have turned out, though.

That tropical storm can't have done it too much harm, could it have?

Square Project

I haven't even started on this. Sheesh. But again, just as with the dot project, I have everything I need right here with me. And fifteen thumbnails prior to class is certainly much easier than the forty needed for the dot project. Since Murphy's Law is hopefully too busy doing its dirty work on my Cardboard project to notice, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, if all goes well, I'll have fifteen nice, neat thumbnails in tow with me as I enter class tomorrow.




* EDIT: *cue maniacal laughter* I may not have my battery, but I found the tiny little memory stick for my camera. And then I noticed a tiny little slot for it in the side of my computer. I have my pictures now. I'ma start saving them to my computer and I'll post them here some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment